Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Denver or Bust!

It's been a journey. A slow, happy, at times arduous, fast food filled, tiring, perfect journey. And with none other than...the Jan! We started on September 24th, arrived on the 28th, went to Beaver Creek the 29th for 6 days and then went nonstop on catching up with family and getting settled in. It's been a continuous whirlwind filled with plenty of random occurrences.

Here's one now:
Last night, while heading to dinner with Shane and Molly, my Mama and I were parking and asked some man if we could take his spot. On his way pulling out, he rolled down his window and said, "And not just because I lived in Saratoga Springs for 5 years!" Love it!

Side note: Here's some photos from the road!






So after coming back from a 2 million dollar ski house up in BC, I'm at the Poor House!

First Impressions:
-What's that smell?
-Who's that?
-Is that an outlet sticking out of the floor in the middle of Megs room?
-It's not so bad.
-Was that a dog or a doe?
-Where's my room?
-Whoa! Eh...we can make this work!

And so, I now sit here in my cubbyhole, Norah to my left and Henry nestled on my bed and write contently about my new home. People are in and out, noises are frequent, dishes are plentiful, dinners are shared, cable is nil, conversations are constant, heaters are broken, rent is survival, and friends are present...always. My mom was amazing for the 6 weeks that she was here, feeding and loving us all the way through. But the cord has been cut!

LONG LIVE THE POOR HOUSE!

Oh...and we'll never go hungry. While picking up a frosty at Friendly's on the trip over, my Mom donated a dollar to some charity and we scored TEN FREE FROSTYS! That should get us by for a few weeks.

Stay tuned: Next post is the basement rooms makeovers!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Cait for the kind words. I am always happy to help where I can and you girls are pretty happy to please!

    ReplyDelete