Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Productivity...

It is (believe it or not) a fairly productive day at the Poor House today. Kathryn flies in from San Francisco and I'll be picking her up at the airport this evening. Foxy is knockin' things off her to-do list left and right, and then she has a writing workshop for school later on tonight. I found out that I got an interview for a preschool teaching position, which will happen tomorrow, so wish me luck and I'll keep you posted. It would be truly wonderful if I got the job seeing as my mom told me she found 3 dollars in my room at home and I asked her to mail them to me. All-time low right there.
We did wake up to some WAILING sirens this morning, which Foxy feared was a tornado warning (turns out there are WAY more tornados in Wisconsin where she's from  than in NY, so her fear is much more rational than I originally thought)... but it went away, so we're assuming everything is fine. Speaking of natural disasters, when we were driving to Boulder for game night two days ago, this is what we saw:


It has been windy and dry here, so the Boulder fire has been spreading like... well you know what. We are hoping it rains or it gets put out soon because it seems to just keep growing.

2 comments:

  1. My First Comment! Good luck to you all, and just remember -- there is a poor house in everyone... most of those poor dwellers you left behind are actually bottom feeders still living off their parents retirements funds -- so well done. Oh, and I really, really, really miss... can you come home soon?

    Katie Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S- there is supposed to be a "you all" after miss. Suggestion: everyone preview before posting.

    ReplyDelete