Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Semi-professionalism

It has been quite some time since I’ve written a blog post. I swear I have several ‘legit’ excuses for this. The first one has to do with the fact that I am always questioning whether or not I really have anything important enough to write about. Secondly, I always wonder if anyone really cares enough to read what I write. I suppose if you’re reading this now, then yes, yes you do. Congratulations! You are the lucky winner.

Okay, so the real reason that I haven’t had time to write a blog post is because I’ve become an incredibly busy person. I remember during my first quarter of graduate school, I kept thinking about the fact that most of my friends had become completely consumed by work. We are at that age now where everyone is entering the workforce, and the ‘real world’ is just beginning. Well, now I am one of those people consumed by work, and despite the crazy schedule and many sleepless nights, I am incredibly happy about that. I still think I’ve been able to semi-avoid the real world thus far.

Graduate school has been incredibly challenging and rewarding so far. I also just started an internship at the Institute for Environmental Solutions (IES). In the next few months, I will be leading a series of workshops for IES on non-toxic living in Fort Collins. I successfully made it through finals last week, and I even had time to end the week by going to String Cheese Winter Carnival on Friday. Since I went by myself, Kels and Andrew were gracious enough to meet me in the lot. Thanks guys!

I’m currently in Miami visiting family and relaxing on the beach. I’m ready to get back to Denver, ready to get back to work, and ready to see what new knowledge and experiences next quarter will bring.

Denver sure feels like home lately, and life is good. :)

1 comment: